Page-Set-Messages do not display at top of the modal window
When Page-set-Messages is used on a Modal dialog, the error messages are displayed at the top of the modal template. However, when Page-set-Messages are used along with Property-set-Messages it does not display Page-set-Messages, only the Property-set-Messages is displayed at field level.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create an activity which has both Page-set-Messages and Property-set-Messages methods.
2. Run this activity in the post processing step of the Flow action used in the modal dialog to observe that only errors from Property-set-Messages method are visible, at field level.
3. Comment out or delete the Property-set-Messages method in the activity. Re-Run the process. Errors from Page-set-Messages method will be visible at top of the modal window.
The reported functionality is working as expected. Errors from Property-set-Messages are displayed from level by default only when the property on which it is set is not present in the form.
This is the reason why the error table is not displayed. This is designed to emphasize more on field level errors for properties present in the form.
Lets say an error is set on property P1 through property-set. If the value is empty, P1 exists in the form and there are few messages set on page-set. An ideal use case is as follows:
1. Initial request throws a field level error till its validation condition is met.
2. The next request displays page-set messages on the top.
The reported functionality is by design. You can forcefully display the form error at the harness level by checking "Always Show" checkbox in display options of the harness. However, there is no provision to do the same for the modal dialog.
0% found this useful