Parse XML Rule Not working when 'Apply Rule' is used.
On PRPC 7.1.7: we have two PARSE XML rulse – one calls the other using the ‘Mapping Mode’ of ‘Apply Rule’.
The mapping of the input XML is not working.
The same setup works on PRPC 63SP1.
No errors message.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a ‘Rule-File-Text’ (webwb.person.xml) with the following content:
2. Create two PRPC Properties (of type ‘text’) ‘FirstName’ and ‘LastName’ to be mapped from the incoming XML.
3. Create a PARSE-XML rule which maps from the incoming XML to the PRPC properties as follows:
The ‘Mapping Mode’ for each mapping should be left as ‘Standard’:
4. Test this PARSE XML rule: it will work.
Testing this PARSE XML rule (which has no ‘Apply Rule’ Mapping modes in it) on the input document will work:
5. Create another PARSE XML – to call the first one:
Note the ‘Mapping Mode’ is set to ‘Apply Rule’ ,Namespace should match the Rule Name of the previously created Parse XMLrule and the Element Name match the root element of the input XML.
6. Test the Second Parse XML rule : this will fail to map the elements.
This issue is a defect which is addressed in PRPC version 7.1.8.
The following local change will correct this issue:
Create new Dynamic Settings:
Set the value to ‘true’; save the setting.
Retest the PARSE RULE; this time the mapping from XML to the properties will succeed.
The root cause of this problem is a defect in Pegasystems’ code/rules. This issue is addressed in PRPC 7.1.8.
100% found this useful