Pega CS install fails due to NonexistentTable
SummaryThe user is on Pega 7.2 and reported the following error message while trying to import the application jar file for Pega Customer Service framework 7.21:
Record Message Action
RULE-PEGACA-ASSOCIATION-COACHINGTIP PEGACA-WORK-ADDRESSCHANGE CAADDRESSCHANGE!CACANCEL #20160314T110305.276 GMT Failed to save page: Database-NonexistentTable RULES.pca_rule_assoc_ctip PegaRULES Import Commit
Error MessagesRULE-PEGACA-ASSOCIATION-COACHINGTIP PEGACA-WORK-ADDRESSCHANGE CAADDRESSCHANGE!CACANCEL #20160314T110305.276 GMT Failed to save page: Database-NonexistentTable RULES.pca_rule_assoc_ctip PegaRULES Import Commit
Steps to Reproduce
- Install a Pega 7.2 instance.
- Import Pega Customer Service framework version 7.21 to the installed instance.
Root CauseA defect or configuration issue in the operating environment is identified as root cause of the issue. The database user used for applying the schema changes when selecting Automatic option during application jar import didn't have sufficient privilege to create the tables.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change:
- Go to Designer Studio > Application > Distribution > Import wizard.
- Select the Pega Customer Service archive and click next
- In the next screen for applying schema changes, just select "Manual: The database schema changes are applied manually....." option, and click View or Download SQL DDL.
- Apply the SQL DDL to your database.
- Click Next.
- When the system prompts you to confirm that you have manually applied the schema changes, click Next to continue. If you have not yet applied the changes, click View/Download SQL DDL and apply the changes before continuing.
Published October 19, 2016 - Updated October 20, 2016