Post upgrade Row Repeat Layout is not displaying
Users are facing an issue like Row Repeat is not displayed when a section contains a repeating grid and row repeat layout and both have the same pagegroup property reference.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a simple flow with a section containing a repeat grid and a row repeat (below the repeat grid), both referencing the same page group property
2. The property is pre-populated on the clipboard for displaying the data on the repeats
3. Run the Flow and notice that everything works fine
Export the ruleset on 62sp1 and import the same on 7.1.6
1. Change the ruleset prerequisites to avoid errors
2. Run the flow and notice that the row repeat does not show any data although the repeat grid shows data
The root cause of this problem is a defect in Pegasystems’ code/rules.
Following is the root cause analysis:
1. The RepeatGrid layout generation has been changed quite a bit starting from 6.3 onwards and especially in 7.1 to use engine “method-based”. However, the RowRepeat layout still uses old way of generation, the reason being its deprecated. Thus, both the layouts differ in the way they are generated.
2. After upgrade, RepeatGrid layout being the first layout in the section, once the RepeatGrid generation is done, there is a conflict when the RowRepeat kicks off in the same stream generation. Furthermore, this issue arises only when the two layouts bound to same PageGroup property source, and not with a Pagelist property
3. Engine API execution in the context of PageGroup data source could be the reason behind this issue.
This issue is resolved by hotfix item HFIX-20389
0% found this useful