Property Description incorrect during Field level Auditing
Field level Auditing for a page group property displays all the Audit notes. This occurs even for a single page group property change.
For example, change in the Address(Home).city property displays Address(Office).city in the audit.
The system does not verify the subscript of the page group to identify the correct label for a given property.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a single value property in a page group property.
- Create two pages of that page group.
- Create a section to capture this single value property in two different pages of the page group.
- Execute the 'Field level auditing' wizard to track changes in these properties values.
- Update the property value from the UI (section created in Step 2). An audit entry is created. However, in the Description, the property label is displayed incorrectly. The same label is displayed, though different labels are provided in the data transform.
This behavior is as per Pega product design: Page Group and Page List property types.
Here's the explanation for the reported behavior:
For a Page Group, a finite list of subscripts is defined. However, for a Page List, the index is any integer and it is difficult to add an entry for all indexes and subscripts.
Hence, for easy configuration to track all the indexes, track all the entries.