Property qualifier not taking effect after property change
Updating a set of properties with a pyDecimalPrecision qualifier to be 5 in Pega Platform 7.2.1 doesn't take effect and the instructions in the documentation would cause a severe negative impact to production considering that we have a multi-node environment that should be up 24 by 7.
Error in commit() com.pega.pegarules.pub.database.DatabaseException: ORA-01438: value larger than specified precision allowed for this column
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a new decimal property
- Expose the property in the database with a decimal precision of 2
- Save the db table instance
- Create a couple of work objects utilizing the property
- Update the pyDecimalPrecision qualifier on an existing exposed property with a precision of 2
- Try to save a work object with a property with a decimal value with higher precision than the one in the qualifier (like 3)
- On save there should be an error indicating that the value is larger then the specified precision
- -Error in commit() com.pega.pegarules.pub.database.DatabaseException: ORA-01438: value larger than specified precision allowed for this column
This issue was determined to be a product enhancement request.
An enhancement request, FDBK-17706, has been created for consideration by Pega Product Management to better handle the invalidation of the property and related rules.
Available local changes are:
- Open and resave all the rules of these types that reference the property. Recommended, when feasible.
- Create a prconfig setting named fua/invalidation/filter/PropertyChange and set it to false. Clear the temporary directory and caches, and stop and restart the server(s). This has both a temporary and permanent adverse impact on performance.