Property referred to a data page does not reflect the updates
Property referred to a data page does not reflect the updates.
User has created a page property which refers to a data page.
The refresh strategy on the Data Page is "reload once per interaction". If any updates happen on the data, the property reflects the updated information and the changes are seen on the Work Object UI.
When the update happens in the wait shape of a flow, it resumes after the configured interval but it still refers to stale data.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a page property under the work class which "refer to a data page". The data page refresh strategy is "Reload once per iteration".
2. Create a flow with wait shape for two minutes and when the flow is wait shape update the data.
3. When the flow resumes Log the data and see that it is still old.
Taking D_EmployeeInfo data page as an example which is having an ID = 102 with salary as "10000".
1. Create a case, for example "Employee".
2. Pass the "ID" as 102 to load page from data page "D_EmployeeInfo". Now the flow goes in to wait shape in background.
3. Check the values in clipboard for property "TestProp". It has loaded content from data page "D_EmployeeInfo" filtered by
"ID=102".Observe the salary value as "10000".
4. Navigate to Data Type rule "EmployeeInfo", under Records tab. Update the salary for ID=102 as "9999".
5. Go the work-object created in step 2. Observe that updated value "9999" appears at UI.
6. Open PegaRULES logs, and observe that salary value is still old one, that is, "10000".
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules:
On copying of the work page, prPutAll is called, which in turn calls putAll on the primary Page.
Here the value gets set to the mContent(on the Clipboard side).
So on subsequent calls the page property doesn't go to the Data Page to fetch the value. This is the reason, the page property has old value even if the Data page has the new one.
The code changes for this issue was tried in later releases, but is very complex and has several other compatibility issues, thus you can apply below local change to address the issue.
Perform the following local-change:
Remove the Autopopulate property at the beginning of the activity( as "EmployeeInfo" for an example).
0% found this useful