Propositions not getting sync across JVMs in Pega 7.1.9
In Pega 7.1.9, the Proposition data promoted to higher environments was not synchronized across all nodes after it was imported in one of the nodes. Proposition changes are seen correctly on the node where the delete and import operations were performed. However, not all other nodes in the same environment are updated.
Restarting all Java Virtual Machines (JVMs) synchronizes all the Proposition data. There are 33 nodes in the environment, and restarting all of them is impractical.
Steps to Reproduce1. Add new Propositions, and update Propositions in the lower environment. Updating Propositions is optional.
2. Create a Rule-Admin-Product rule and JAR file containing the updated Propositions.
3. Delete all Proposition data using Proposition landing page in higher environments.
4. Import updated Propositions through the normal JAR import process on one of the nodes.
The procedure to design Proposition synchronization across multi-node system is documented in Decision Strategy Manager (DSM) installation guide. The root cause of this issue is these instructions were not followed.
Configure Pega 7.1.9 installation to ensure consistency of Propositions across all nodes.
Follow the steps given below to work with the Proposition cache synchronization mechanism.
1. Navigate to System > General in the Designer Studio menu.
2. Locate the Batch requestor type for the system name in the systems, nodes, and requestors landing page.
3. Add the PegaDM:Administrators access group.
4. Save the Batch requestor type.
5. Restart all Pega nodes to pick-up the BATCH requestor changes. Restart of Pega nodes is not required every time the Proposition data is migrated.
0% found this useful