PUIC: Harness error messages are displayed with empty space
1. When there are any validation errors on the screen, these error messages are displayed along with empty white space underneath that errors table.
2. In the harness on ‘Display Options’ tab, ‘Always show form-level errors’ checkbox is unchecked. Hence, it is expected that harness errors are not displayed where there is validation failed.
3. It is observed that ERRORTABLE table/div is getting created after submit and when there are error messages irrespective of whether the "Always Show" checkbox is checked or unchecked.
No error messages.
Steps to Reproduce
- In the perform harness, uncheck "Always show" checkbox under Form level errors.
- Select Top of Harness option for Display errors.
- On submit, set any error messages either by validation rule or Page-Set-Messages.
This problem occurs because the position of form-error-marker's div is set to static.
Removing position static fixes this issue. Already fixed in ML7 with same code.
The modified code is patched inside HFix-10348. This hotfix is tested and it resolves the issue of extra empty space generation below the error messages table.
Before applying the hotfix (Empty space below error-message table):
After applying the hotfix (No empty space below error-message table):