pyStatusWork does not show updated value in Pega Client for Windows
The pyStatusWork property does not display the updated case status value in the Pega Client for Windows when advancing the case. This occurs when using the application in both online and offline modes.
This works when accessing the application in the browser.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a Case.
- Assign the case to an operator who is logged in to the Pega Client for Windows.
- Click Submit such that the operator of the client for Windows, advances the case.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
For offline enabled case types, Pega Engine treats the case type as Online Special Case for Offline (OSCO) in mobile devices and Pega Client for Windows. For such case types, routing is not supported in the offline mode, because when the user is offline, there is no routing since the user is out of network.
The pyStatusWork property is a major code that contains the Routing information. For an offline enabled case, the Pega engine does not update the pyStatusWork property with the actual status. Hence, pyStatusWork is not updated when the case is moved to the next stage or step in a mobile device or Pega Client for Windows.
Perform the following local-change:
Pega Engine always updates the status on the newAssignPage. Hence, the newAssignPage.pyAssignmentStatus property is updated consistently and contains the correct status of the work object when advancing the case.
- Save As the pyCaseBadges section to the application ruleset.
- Navigate to the Pages & Classes tab and add a reference for a newAssignPage.
Page name: newAssignPage
- Navigate to the Design tab. Add a dynamic layout with pyIsPegaElectronContainer Visibility condition (the dynamic layout displays only on the Pega Client for Windows).
- Update the Visibility condition on the pyStatuswork dynamic layout to !pyIsPegaElectronContainer.
- Copy and paste the pySatusWork field from Dynamic Layout1 and paste it to Dynamic Layout2 to retain the styling (ensure to copy the correct styling) and update the Properties panel as below,
Set Property to newAssignPage.pyAssignmentStatus
Set Value to Localize Property Value
- Submit and save the changes. Run the scenario.
0% found this useful