Report Definition not retrieving number data type
SummaryIn reports exported to Excel, number based columns using custom formats do not comply with the expected behavior associated with the data type.
For example, the sum functionality does not produce the expected sum result when applied on number based columns formatted using a custom decimal seperator.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a Report Definition (RD).
- Configure a column using the function Divide [numeric value 1] by [numeric value 2].
- Apply a custom format to the column to change the locale to one where the decimal separator is a comma "," (For Example : ru_RU).
- Run the RD and export the result to Excel.
- Open in Excel the generated file and sum up the column defined in step 2.
- Observe that the SUM function does not add up and displays 0. The alert 'The number in the cell is formatted as text ...' is shown on the top left of each cell in the column.
Root CauseA defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
Parsing of double numberdoes not happen correctly in the pzListViewExcelData rule.
Tracing the export Activity PZVIEWEXPORTTOEXCEL Step 4 the parameter pyViewData contains cells using the excelText" class. The Pi constant is used as example:
<TD class='excelText'>3,14159265359<div style='width:1px'></div></TD>
But, as per configuration, the XML entry should be like below :
<TD class='excel-number'>3,14159265359<div style='width:1px'/></TD>
Published June 15, 2017 - Updated August 20, 2017