Resource Not Found Error for REST Service
Post Pega 7.3.1 update, the Service-REST rule is saved to a higher ruleset version and the Service-REST call from an external client works correctly. However, error occurs on restricting the ruleset version in the application definition rule from using the previous version of the Service-REST rule.
Resource Not Found
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a Service-REST rule in Pega 7.3.
- Export the application and import it to Pega 7.3.1. Save the Service-REST rule migrated from Pega 7.3 to a higher ruleset version in Pega 7.3.1.
- Call the Service-REST using SOAP UI. The Service Call works correctly.
- Edit the application definition rule to restrict the ruleset version such that the previous version of the Service-REST rule (prior to saving the rule to a higher ruleset version) is used.
- Call the Service-REST using SOAP UI. The service call fails with 'Resource not found' exception.
This behavior is as per Pega product design.
Follow the instructions for the 'Service REST rule resolution' and 'New rule precedence' sections provided in the following article: https://community.pega.com/knowledgebase/articles/different-service-rest-rules-can-be-called-distinct-resource-uris