Rules Circumstancing is not working on Pega Survey
You observe that rule circumstance does not work in PegaSurvey. Neither property based nor template based circumstances work. At run time only the base rule is getting called.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create Survey specific rules like Question page.
- Create circumstance version of that Question Page rule. (Either property based or Template based)
- At run time set values in pyWorkPage accordingly.
- See only base rule is getting called.
The root cause of this problem is a defect in Pegasystems’ code/rules. Circumstance is not fully supported in PegaSurvey. That means proper implemenation of circumstance is not done for PegaSurvey rule types.
This issue can be solved by these below local changes
- For Property based: While creating property based circumstance rule use pyWorkPage.Property instead of only Property
- For Template Based: While creating Template use pyWorkPage.Property instead of only Property. Now save as Template and Definition in Embed-PegaQ-Results-QuestionGroup class. Doing so the engine will call right circumstaned rule.
0% found this useful