Screen flickers when form errors exist
Screen flickers when form errors exist when dropdown values are selected. This occurs in the Internet Explorer browser.
Steps to Reproduce
- Configure a property validate in an activity to validate properties using obj-validate and property-validate.
- Configure a dropdown with a post value action.
- Configure all the fields as blank and Submit. Error messages display on the screen.
- Select the dropdown which is configured with the post value.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
When post value action is used for a property with a validation error, the revalidation of the total form occurs in the background. Therefore, the screen shifts to the top and returns to the field (the focus must stay at the top).
Perform the following local-change:
- In the harness level, set Form-level errors to 'In configurable section'.
- Use pyCaseErrorSection from UI-KIT as the custom error section.
- If UI-Kit is not used in the application, add the UI-kit just to save the pyCaseErrorSection to the application ruleset.
- Remove the UI-Kit.