Segment result Count is incorrect
Pega Marketing 7.4 is built on Pega Platform 7.4.
The Segment fetches the incorrect JOIN condition when using an Association of a class in the primary and secondary Contexts.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a segment on the Customer level.
- Create an Association in the Customer.
- Use the filter condition in the Segment using the Association. The joining of the Customer table with the Association table is not based on the Customer ID. The Join is based on the Account number (BAN_NBR), though the Association is created on the Customer.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
The issue occurs due to the limitation of the product for a single Association class with two different parents. This occurs due to the Data model used to store these class stacks, where each of the class has a single ParentClass value and a single ParentAssociation page which contains the relationship with the parent. The issue does not occur due to same name used for the association.
Perform the following local-change:
- Remove the existing association from both parents.
- Ceate a child of the Association class and an appropriate Association rule to map to the Secondary context (do not define a Data-Admin-Database-Table (DADT) such that it inherits from the parents' table).
- Readd the existing class as a child (Association) of the Customer Context.
- Add the new class as a child (Association) of the Secondary Context.