The selection is lost when choosing futher filtering
During configuring a Repeat Grid, it is sourced as a Report Definition. In the Grid, a particular Column is configured as Check-box.
Also, for the Grid, the filter and sorting feature is enabled.
In runtime, if user try to select items of this grid using checkboxes and go to the filter or try to sort any column, the initial selection is being lost.
It seems that Pega natively remove all the selected checkboxes after sorting or filtering on a grid.
Steps to Reproduce
- In a section, take a Repeat Grid.
- Configure the grid to make it's source as a Report Definition.
- In the grid, configure a particular column as Checkbox including or excluding the corresponding Grid header.
- From Grid configuration toolbar option, enable the sorting and filter functionality.
- Embed the section in a flow and run the flow.
- From the grid checkbox column, check several entries.
- Go for sorting or filtering any row. After completion of sorting, all previous selections will be removed.
The grid is sourced from Report Definition.
In this case the sorting action will fire a Data base Query and replaces the Data. Hence the checkbox values are lost.
Instead use a property as a source. Populate the data by calling a pre activity. In this pre activity call pxRetrieveReportData activity to get the results.