Setting security generates HTTP Status 400 - Invalid URL error
After applying the below Dynamic System Settings (DSS) for security from a report in the dashboard widget, invalid URL error occurs on clicking Actions > Show Data.
DSS as recommended to enforce application security.
- HTTP/SetSecureCookie = true
- HTTP/UseNoCacheHeaders = true
- initialization/DisableAutoComplete = true
- initialization/DisplayExceptionTraceback = false
- initialization/PromoteEmbeddedPortals = true
- initialization/Urlencryption = true
- initialization/ErrorOnInvalidThreadName = true
- Timeout/Browser = 900
- Cookie/HTTPOnly = true
HTTP Status 400 - Invalid URL
Steps to Reproduce
- Set the DSS as above.
- Configure a report with drilldown in the dashboard.
- Click Action>Show Data.
The initialization/Urlencryption = true setting caused the issue.
The URL for the popup was of a size greater than 2083 bytes when the Encrypt URL feature is active. When Microsoft Internet Explorer is used, the maximum size for a URL is 2083 bytes.
The issue occurred in the Internet Explorer browser even without the Encrypt URL feature, when the unencrypted data is larger than 2083 bytes. The error occurred because the URL is truncated at 2083 bytes.
As a local-change, reset the DSS.
Published October 12, 2018 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.