Show Next Error is not shown for UI-Kit-7:07-01-01 and Pega7.2.1
SummaryUser is working on DBCAR Vision Prototype. They have a requirement to show "Show Next Error" if there are multiple validation errors.
User knew it was available Out-of-the-box (OOTB) from Pega 7.1.8 and they were able to get it working on one of the local edition.
But it was not working on one of their Pega 7.2.1 instance. For debugging they tried same in below test instance version Pega 7.2.1. They see the below results,
1. When they use UI-Kit-7:07-01-01, they do not see "Show Next Error" getting displayed.
2. If they use UI-Kit-7:05-01-01 then they see "Show Next Error" getting displayed.
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to Reproduce1. Log into Pega application.
2. Confirm application Work History (WH) Framework has UI-Kit-7:07-01-01 in Application Rulesets.
3. Go to Create >New >Inititate.
4. Without entering value for any field, click on Submit. One can see validation errors are displayed on top section but there is no "Show Next Error".
5. Now change UI-Kit-7:07-01-01 to UI-Kit-7:05-01-01 in Application Rulesets.
6. Repeat steps #3 and #4. One can see validation errors are displayed on top section and there is "Show Next Error".
defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules, it's an expected behaviour. The UI-Kit-7:07-01-01 got modified in Pega 7.2.1.
Perform the following local-change:
If the user wants to have the show next error message, then they should include the layoutgroup in the pyCaseContent section for the pyCaseActionArea section.
Published April 26, 2017 - Updated May 30, 2017