Skin: Primary Search font color override defaults to White
The application's Skin rule, Component Styles, Text Inputs & Formatted Text, Primary Search override specifies the Mixin Overrides value as #000000 and the preview box displays the color black. But when the Skin rule is saved and refreshed, the preview color box changes from black to white even though the numeric value remains as #000000. This causes the text in the portal Search field to be white, which makes it invisible when users type their Search text. Users can see the invisible Search text only by highlighting the text or clicking outside of the Search field.
Steps to Reproduce
- In the standard Skin rule for the application, navigate to Component styles > Text Inputs & Formatted Text > Primary Search, which is indicated as OVERRIDING.
- In the Primary Search, select Use Mixin and for Mixin Overrides change the Font Color value from #000000 (Black) to another color.
- Change the Mixin Overrides Font Color back to #000000 (Black) and see the correct color previewed in the box as black.
- Save your Skin rule changes and refresh.
- The Mixin Overrides > Font Color field shows the correct numeric value for black, #000000, but the color preview box displays as white.
An issue in the custom application code or rules
To make the selected font color visible in the Search field, create a new CSS file, insert the following code into the new CSS file, and add that to the skin. <style>
Published April 26, 2017 - Updated August 28, 2017