SMA behavior incorrect with IE11 compatibility mode
Behavior of the System Management Application (SMA) tool is incorrect with IE11 having compatibility mode ON.
On selecting "Listeners", initially, the tool displays listeners in the right pane. On selecting "Agents", the tool still displays listeners in the right pane instead of agents.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Launch System Management Application (SMA) tool.
2. Select listeners (lists listeners correctly).
3. Select requestors (lists listeners instead).
4. Select agents (lists listeners instead).
5. If you switch the order of the first select, then the next two will have the same list.
Behavior works fine whenever F12-Dev tools is used, but the original issue reoccurs on closing it.
Fiddler is collected during working and non-working scenarios. In the working scenario, it displays HTTP 200 whereas in non-working, it displays HTTP 304.
Perform the following local-change:
Whenever you engage F12-Dev tools, automatically the “Always refresh from server” is enabled. Hence you always see HTTP status 200, which works fine as expected.
Now, for the functionality to work, change your IE11 Internet options as below.