Sorting on DisplayOrder incorrect for OptionMap DataTable
The PegaPS-Int-Config-OptionMap out-of-the-box DataType has a property called DisplayOrder(Type text) which sort incorrectly.
The values 1, 2, 10 are sorted as 1, 10, 2.
Steps to Reproduce
- Enter data in PegaPS-Int-Config-OptionMap DataType.
- Enter some rows and inclue the values 2, 10, 1 in the DisplayOrder field.
- Perform a sort by running the out-of-the-box report definition PegaPS-Int-Config-OptionMap DataTableEditorReport or the D_PGPOptionMapList DataPage.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules
The DisplayOrder property is a text data type and is mapped to the character column in the database. For text values, the sorting is as observed: 1, 10, 11, 2.
Changing the format value in the report definition will not work, because the Sort functionality is not applied on the formatted values. It is applied only on the stored database values.
Perform either of the following local-changes in the Data Designer:
Export the records and save the CSV file to backup the records prior to performing either of the following:
- Add a new property of type Integer
- Change the property type of DisplayOrder to Integer