Spell check functionality is not working after Pega 7 upgrade
The Out-of-the-box (OOTB) spell check feature no longer works after upgrading to Pega 7.
Text areas are highlighted, but spelling errors are not underlined.
Steps to Reproduce
- Add text areas to the section.
- Configure an icon to call the OOTB Spell check feature.
This feature used to be an Internet Explorer only feature in legacy PRPC releases.
Now that the APIs used for this feature have been deprecated for Internet Explorer 11, it no longer works in any browser. Therefore this feature is deprecated and no longer supported.
Following local-changes are available:
- The spell check feature that RTEs have continue to work, and are cross browser.
- Modern browsers have built-in spell check features today
- Product management has received feedback regarding the state of this feature, and plan to remove this configuration option to avoid confusion in a future release.
0% found this useful