Steps to create new database user in CMD
User requires steps to configure a new user to login to Chordiant Marketing Director (CMD) client application.
- Create the new user in the database and provide the necessary privileges using below SQL queries:
- Connect with DBA privileges.
- Create the user accounts as follows:
- Set the parameter 'VenvUseVantageAccount' to False(If this parameter is set to True, it indicates that this user is a Vantage user). Configure the parameters 'VenvUserAccount' and 'VenvUserPassword' with the respective new user's database username and password.
- True/False- Set the parameters to either True or false as per your requirement.
- Save the changes made to the Vantage.init file.
3. Configure this new user in the CMD client application as follows:
- Login to CMD Client as administrator.
- Navigate Administration > Security module.
- Right-click on User Security Settings to create a new group and add the new user. Or, create this new user under any of the existing user groups as per business requirement.
- Right-click on the group to create new user. Add the new user details. Drag and drop the required Data Views from Components section into the new user's Customer Data Views section.
- Drag and drop required modules from the components into Exceptions field and save it.
- Logout and re-login to CMD client with new user login credentials(as set in Vantage.init file).
0% found this useful