Switching Portal doesn't affect Report Category visibility
If a user logs into InteractionPortal and switches the context to AccountManagerPortal (without logoff/login) then the Report Categories listed are not impacted.
Switching the portal context show the updated main portal page except for the right side bar of list of Report Categories which remain the same.
The only way for the relevant Report Categories to show is by having the user logoff the session, re-login and launch the right portal first time.
Steps to Reproduce
- Open Pega designer studio.
- Have at least one report category, say 'Customer Service Underwriting' with field 'Display in report browser when' set to the when rule 'CPMIsAccountManagerPortal'.
- From the designer studio launch 'InteractionPortal' and under 'My Reports' and you should not see this report category.
- Now, from the designer studio launch 'Account Manager Portal' and navigate to this portal and under 'My Reports' you still don't see this report category (contrary).
- Logoff the portal and designer studio.
- Login again into the designer studio and launch the 'Account Manager Portal' first and under 'My Reports' you will now see this report category
- This above inconsistency in the report category visibility is because switching the portal context doesn't update the data page property value D_CPMPortalContext.PortalName between "CPMAccountManager_Portal" and "CPMInteractionPortal".
- In other words, whenever the portal is launched, the data page D_CPMPortalContext values should be recomputed
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
0% found this useful