System become in read only mode once we add refesh section
User has a tabbed section layout wherein they had a section containing a textarea on one tab (tab 1) and a section containing tree grid with a dynamic select on another tab (tab 2). They are trying to refresh the section present on tab 1 upon change of the dynamic select. They are doing so using a custom pega.u.d.refreshSection. However, upon changing values of drop down list, the section (tab2) is refreshed but the dynamic select is rendered in read only mode and it is not possible to to enter any values.
No error message. The tree grid layout / dynamic selects becomes read only.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a sample tabbed layout with two tabs (tab1 and tab2)
2. Create a section on tab 1 containg a text area. Objective is to refresh this section.
3. Create a section on tab 2 with a tree grid layout containing a dynamic select.
4. "on change" of dynamic select, refresh the section on tab1 using a custom non-auto generated section by calling the pega.u.d.refreshSection.
5. Notice that the tab2 is refreshed but the tree grid (read/write mode) i.e. the dynamic selects rendered in read only mode.
In a tabbed repeat layout, there is no option to refresh a section, present in a tab, upon change of a dynamic select present in another tab.
This issue is resolved through the following local change:
The steps are as follows:
- Do a save-as of the OOTB dynamic select control (say "DynamicSelectCustom") and make the below changes:
- Add the Section Name, Activity Name and the Data transform name in the parameters tab of the new control
- Configure the dynamic select control to specify the section/activity/data transform values and pass them as parameters. The activity and data transforms are executed before refreshing the section
- The section on the other tab (that is to be refreshed) is as shown below. The text area to be marked as required can be implemented by creating two layouts with the same textarea field, except that only one of the layouts has the textarea marked as required. The layouts can be configured with a visible when. The condition for this can be set using the Data transform or Activity that is called above.
0% found this useful