TagName is null while attaching and unable to download in IE 8
unable to download the attached file to the work object displaying 'loading...'
Steps to ReproduceAttach a file to a case.
The download problem is purely due to an issue in Internet Explorer 8.
To download files, Internet Explorer must create a cache or temporary file.
In Internet Explorer 8, if the file is delivered over HTTPS, and any response headers are set to prevent caching, and if Do not save encrypted pages to disk option is set, a cache file is not created. Therefore, the download fails.
The Cache-Control: no-cache header for secure requests prevents the caching of the secure resources on HTTPS. Proxy caching is disabled by default.
To resolve this issue in Internet Explorer 8, follow these steps:
- Start Registry Editor.
- For a per-user setting, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
- For a per-computer setting, locate the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
- On the Edit menu, click Add Values.
- To override the directive for HTTPS connections, add the following registry value: "BypassSSLNoCacheCheck"=Dword:00000001
- To override the directive for HTTP connections, add the following registry value: "BypassHTTPNoCacheCheck"=Dword:00000001
- Quit Registry Editor.
Also make sure that "Do Not Save Encrypted Files" check box is not checked in Internet Options Advanced Tab.
Published September 14, 2016 - Updated September 20, 2016