Temporary work object tab is not getting closed
SummaryThe user has Pega CRM 7.21 on Pega 7.2.1 version. While trying to close a temporary work object tab in user portal, user sees that the tab is not getting closed. Below is the error seen in tracer.
"CPMLoadInteraction" activity. There a java step fails with error " cannot be null. page: D_Interaction. Details: Invalid value for a source passed to com.pegarules.data.internal.clipboard.clipboardPageImpl.putAll(Map, byte)".
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a new case type from Case explorer in the application.
- In the pyStartCase flow of the case check “temporary object” checkbox.
- Have a Stage configured in Case designer along with a flow.
- In CPM Account Manager portal,configure a link or button with create work as action on click event. Provide the new case type class name and Flow name in Action tab (pyStartCase here).
- After launching the CPM Account Manager portal. Clicking on link/button.,New case item opens in a new tab in the portal.
- The first stage runs and a flow action appears on screen in that new tab.
- Try to close the tab now, by clicking on “X” of the particular tab.
- Tab does not get closed.
Root CauseIncorrect implementation at user end for handling of Temporary Work ObjectsFor any temporary Work Objects the pyID will not be set. The behavior when clicked on close for temporary Work Object in plain PRPC and for CS its different. (That's the reason issue is not faced when user is closing a temporary work object in plain PRPC.) In CS, for the temporary Interaction Work Objects, using a Data Transform "CPMCheckAndSetTempID" , pyID for interaction work object is set as "Temp-XYZ". And this data transform is added in the pyDefault data transform of the application specific Work- class. The user has missed this step.
Resolution 'Save As' of data transform "CPMCheckAndSetTempID" and add the pyDefault data transform of the application specific Work- class.
Published February 24, 2017 - Updated March 2, 2017