“Text Input” focus is not working properly only in IE
SummaryWhile using Internet Explorer, once some text is entered in a text field and when clicked outside the field and again clicked on the Text field, the focus is not going to the Text field inspite of multiple clicks.
Also user is not able to point some where in the text using mouse (Only with side arrows user is able to point but not with mouse).
This works well in Chrome browser.
Error MessagesInternet Explorer Console: Script error "Unable to get property 'scrollLeft' of undefined or null reference".
Steps to Reproduce1. Create a section with a Text input(Required) and a label:
<%tools.putParamValue("ErrorMsg",tools.getPrimaryPage().getMessagesAll());%><pega:reference name="param.ErrorMsg" mode="literal"/>
2. Launch this section as a Modal dialog from another section.
3. Input some text inside text input.
4. Focus out and submit. Error appears on the screen.
5. Now, try to click inside "Text Input".
6. Observe Focus is not inside Text input.
7. After several clicks only, focus is inside "Text Input" .
Root CauseA defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
Whenever a click happens anywhere, setModalScrollLeft function in ui_grid JS gets called.
It errors out and somehow, in Internet Explorer, the text field becomes non-editable.
Published April 20, 2017 - Updated May 8, 2017