TextArea character counter for Newline different in IE browser
Character counter, for text containing a Newline (Enter key) character, in the TextArea control configured with maximum characters displays the characters remaining, differently in Internet Explorer and Chrome browsers.
Steps to Reproduce
- Configure the TextArea control with maximum characters and enable the display counter
- Enter text containing a Newline character in the TextArea control
- Observe the count of the remaining characters, in Internet Explorer and Chrome browsers, for the TextArea control
- Click Save
- Repeat Step 3
Difference in the character counter was due to the browser's interpretation of the Newline character. The Internet Explorer saved the Newline character as a single character, while Chrome saved it as two characters.
ResolutionApply HFix-37047 to:
- Allow Internet Explorer to count two characters for Newline.
- Not allow a user to type any character when the counter displays remaining characters as 0.
- Ensure that Internet Explorer and Chrome have the same behaviour.
- After deployment, open the PZGENERATETEXTAREA file.
- Click the Generate Function option.
- Save the section.
Published October 11, 2017 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.