Thread tab is deleting from clipboard
When we open a delegated rule (Rule-Obj-Map, and similar which are compitable only in Internet Explorer) we find that first time it is opened correctly.
After after closing it the Tab thread is deleted from clipboard. Becuase of this issue, we are not able to open other delegated rules. This causes the page is not found errors (thread is not found).
We don't find any problem with DecisionTable
pxResults() not found
Steps to Reproduce
1) Portal with Business Settings menu item, when we click on left side business settings it open a new harness in tab.
2) Clipboard page is created for BusinessSettings (with page of DelgatedMapValuesGadget)
3) BusinessSettings tab is opened with harness to show delegated rules
4) It works fine with all delegated decision tables
5) It works fine only one time when we open Rule-Obj-Map value, and from second we are not able to open any delegated rule dude tab in chrome browser and in IE Page is setting classless
6) It shows the following exception, when we open the any rule after opening Rule-Obj-Map value, because tab is deleting in chrome browser and page is setting classless in internet explorer.
7) In, Internet Explorer delegated rules page is setting is classes (DelegatedMapValuesGadget)
8) In chrome, it is deleting entire tab from clipboard
The root cause of this problem is a defect in a custom portal which was using "Open URL in Window" action in the MyDelegatedCorrRules section for the delegated correspondence link, this will open the rule in a new window within the same thread as PRPC. Whereas the best practice to open a rule is to use "Open Rule" action, and this will make sure that the rule is opened in a new thread, and PRPC will take care of Thread management/Thread cleanup while closing the rule form.
We have changed our configuration for thread management. Now we used 'Open Rule (.pyInsHandle and Resolved By Name) to open the first occurance. It works well.
0% found this useful