Top level property is not populated in exposed column
SummaryA top level property was exposed in the work table using the property optimization tool. The column did not get populated.
Error MessagesNot Applicable.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a property in a higher class (such as a parent class or a framework layer).
- Include that property and give it a value in instances of a lower class (such as a case type's class).
- Expose the property using the property optimization wizard. Be sure to select all of the lower classes in the wizard.
- Let the column population for the lower classes finish.
- Create a new instance of the lower class, making sure to give the newly exposed property a value.
- Review the database table where the lower class instances are stored and see that the newly created column for the exposed property has no values.
Root CauseA defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules that results in the newly exposed column not being populated.
ResolutionThis behavior is slated to be addressed in Pega 7.2.2. In the interim, the behavior can be avoided by explicitly listing the newly optimized property on the external mapping tab of the class(es) it was optimized for.
Published July 15, 2016 - Updated August 1, 2016