Unable to access advanced Parameter
SummaryDevelopers observe through tracer analysis that Advanced Parameters are inaccessible in a load activity while implementing Virtual Report definition in a repeat grid layout.
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a section rule that contains an Advanced parameter of type PegaGadget-GridAction and a flow action that displays a simple prompt list property to set the parameter.
- Also, configure the section created to include a repeat grid that is populated based on a Virtual report definition with a load activity.
- Use the 'Pass current parameter page' option on the load activity configuration to pass the advanced parameter.
- Then reference the parameter in the load activity to determine a property value.
- Trace the sequence described and observe the value for the parameter is not seen in the load activity.
This is the expected behavior as an Advance parameter will create a special parameter page 'myParamPage' which is distinct from the the usual parameter page which is referred through the Param keyword.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change:
Refer to the advance parameter property using the following syntax myParamPage.myAdvancedParameter.
Published January 17, 2017 - Updated January 31, 2017