Unable to create stories, bugs with Agile Workbench integration
User upgraded Project Management Framework (PMF) to Pega Agile Studio 7.3.1. Pega Development Environment is integrated with Agile Studio to use Agile Workbench to create, update, or view User Stories, Bugs, and Feedback.
Post integration, User Stories and Bugs from the Backlog, that are selected during the integration, are displayed. However, error occurs when performing the following actions:
- creating a new User Story or updating an existing story from the Workbench
- creating a new Bug or updating an existing bug from the Workbench
A valid operator ID is required to create a user story.
A valid operator ID is required to create a bug
Steps to Reproduce
- Upgrade Project Management Framework (PMF) to Pega Agile Studio 7.3.1.
- Integrate Pega Development Environment with Agile Studio.
- Use the Agile Workbench to create, update, or view User Stories, Bugs, and Feedback.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
This is a known issue for Agile workbench and Agile Studio Integration. For integration, a valid AgileStudio ID is required in the Operator Preference.
In the User portal, an option to set the Operator Preference does not exist. Hence, the Operator Preference must be set by logging in to Designer Studio by that Operator ID.
Perform the following local-change:
Follow the below steps to create an activity to set the operator preference for those users who cannot access Designer Studio.
1. Create an activity (for example: @baseclass.SetOperatorPreference) in the application ruleset.
2. Add three steps as in the above image.
3. In Step1,
- Use Obj-Open method.
- Set OpenClass value to Data-Admin-Operator-ID.
- Set .pyUserIdentifier PropertyName to Param.OperatorID
Set .pyPreferences.pyToolsPrefs.pyPMFUserID to param.AgileStudioID
5. In Step3, use Obj-Save method and enable WriteNow.
In the Parameters tab of the activity, set the following values:
Data type: String
Data type: String
In the Pages & Classes tab of the activity,
- Set Page name to OpID
- Set Class to to Data-Admin-Operator-ID
6. Save the activity.
7. Run the activity for all the non-developer users who need to set the Agile Studio preference ID.
In the Run window,
For OperatorID, provide the Pega operator ID
For AgileStudioID, provide AgileStudio operator ID
Published September 12, 2018 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.