Unable to navigate through all radio buttons and select option
The following issues occur for an Accessibility application:
- On configuring radio buttons in a section, unable to navigate through all the radio buttons and select an option at runtime.
- On configuring a label for a radio button, unable to gain focus on the label using the Tab key.
Steps to Reproduce
- Configure a radio button control.
- Use the Tab key to navigate through all the options.
- Make a selection.
- Configure a label for the radio button control.
- Use the Tab key to gain focus on the label.
Using a Tab key, the user can only gain focus on the radio button control. However, a defined set of keyboard keys is present to navigate through the options and make a selection.
In general, a label is not required to have a Tab stop. Only the control must be accessible by Tab navigation (or by another form of navigation method such as using the F key in JAWS etc).
Perform the following local-change:
- JAWS states, 'To change selection, use Up/Down arrow'. This is when the Up/Down arrow keys can be used to navigate between radio button elements.
- Use the 'a' and 'Shift+a' keys to navigate through the radio button elements, when JAWS does not mention to engage the Up/Down arrow keys.
- Use the Spacebar to select a radio button option.
- Use a link and create a custom link format in the application skin such that the link displays as a label.
0% found this useful