Unable to pass -z and -Z to pxExtractDataWithArgs
SummaryAn agent is configured to run an activity and this activity calls pxExtractDataWithArgs. When trying to pass -z and -Z arguments, the extract fails with an error that invalid arguments were specified. Adding quotes to the arguments does not allow the activity to be saved.
Error Messages** Invalid pyArgs specified.
Steps to Reproduce
- Call pxExtractDataWithArgs from an activity.
- Try passing both -z and -Z.
Root CauseA software use or operation error
The values were not being passed correctly.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change to pass -z and -Z to pxExtractDataWithArgs from another activity:
- Enclose the entire string in double quotation marks.
- Enclose each pzInsKey in double quotation marks.
- Escape the quotation marks around the pzInsKeys in order for the rule form to be saved.
The value will look like this:
"-z \"PEGA-SAMPLE-WORK C-1\" -Z \"PEGA-SAMPLE-WORK C-1\""
Published April 3, 2017 - Updated April 28, 2017