Unneccessary reload of all drop downs in the section
A section contains ten dropdowns whose values are interdependent on the other dropdowns and are cascading. On selecting a value in a dropdown, the entire section refreshes due to the ReloadCell and each dropdown in the section reloads.
Steps to Reproduce
- Add 10 dropdowns in the section.
- Configure these dropdowns to populate through the Run activity.
- Select one of the drop down values. All the drop downs values are reloaded.
A preloading activity was defined for all dropdowns and the source of the preloading activity is cascaded. That is, the first dropdown's property is used as the activity parameter for the second dropdown, and the first and second dropdown's property are used as the activity parameters for the third dropdown and so on. This created a Pega Change tracker to trigger an onChange event when the first dropdown value changed. Since the subsequent drop down values depend on the first drop down, the other dropdowns also refresh.
Perform the following local-change:
- Create a section for each dropdown control.
- OnChange of a dropdown, invoke the Refresh section to refresh the next dropdown.