User unable to search using localized text
SummaryThe user is unable to search using localized text in report browser. The search is working for non-localized(english) text.
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to Reproduce
- Import the French language package.
- Go to Report brower using user portal.
- Search with Report name in English for which you can get the results
- Now, Change the browser setting to French language.
- Search text in using French text in report browser for the specific report.There are no results return.
Root CauseThe search text is passed in french language to the query that is retrieving the results,in tracer.
ResolutionTo display the contents in french, the database records should have french records. The localization is only for viewing purpose. Search actually looks for the value entered and tries to match the value in Database.
Published January 25, 2017 - Updated January 31, 2017