Validation fires even when it is turned off at Flow action level
Application has a harness with client-side validation enabled.
There are few local actions in the flow and validation is disabled at one of the flow actions.
However, validation still is getting processed at that flow action level. User requires to know on how to stop client-side validation at a specific local action level.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a harness enabling client-side validation.
- Create a flow having few local actions.
- On one of the assignments which has few local actions, disable client-side validation at one flow action.
- When the flow is run, validation is still processed at that specific local action.
An issue in the custom application code or rules: Until PRPC 6.1 release, flow actions are made of iframes and this client validation setting was given on flow action level.
From Pega 7 onwards, flow actions are no longer using iframes, so this client validation checkbox on flow action is not honored, but client validation on harness is.
Perform the below steps as local-change:
- Save as harness with another name and uncheck the checkbox on it and use it for the assignment for which validations are to be stopped.
a. Drag a label at the top of the section and include the logic: <%tools.putSaveValue("bClientValidation","false");%>
b. Drag another label to the bottom of the section and include the logic: <%tools.putSaveValue("bClientValidation","true");%>
0% found this useful