Validation messages are not displaying after refresh
User has screen flow, when user performs the refresh current harness, some time validation messages are not displaying as expected.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a "Edit Validate" for a datetime property, example: Cannot choose a future date.
2. Create a simple form with three fields, Name(Textbox), Date (DateTime), Decs (Textbox).
3. Make sure all fields are set to "Required".
4. Launch the portal and try to submit the form without filling in the text boxes. Choose a Future date and make the validation error prompt.
5. Click Next and observe the Date Validation is gone. Displayed is as expected because one does not expect user to click on the correct date when the error did not show up after clicking next.
User is expecting server-side validation to be shown when on refresh client-side validation messages are triggered.
As per their business requirement, user is setting default date through data transform, apart from that user enabled the "Required" field validation and included validate rule in property level and not giving privilege to enter the date manually.
Explanation: Since the value is been set by default in the date picker, there is no requirement to enable required field.
Server-side validation will be triggered on change of date value, that doesn't process after refresh.
Published October 9, 2017 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.