WordTextArea control not working in IE11 with Pega 7.2.1
WordTextArea control in Pega 7.2.1 does not work with Internet Explorer 11.
Following issues were observed when using the WordTextArea -
1) Navigation to webpage message is displayed in the WordTextArea control after editing the document and closing the document.
2) Also user is getting a pop-up to save the doc, which is not expected.
Steps to Reproduce
1) Use WordTextArea control (Example : Run WordEmbedMergeTest flow).
2) Enter text in the WordTextArea control cell.
3) Click Edit button.Document will be opened and edit the document.
4) Observe the pop-up to save the doc, which is not expected.
5) After closing the document below errors appear:
Navigation to webpage message is displayed in the WordTextArea control after editing the document
User environment must have the proper registry settings as described in the following developer help:
https://pdn.pega.com/sites/default/files/help_v719/procomhelpmain.htm#designer studio/environment setup/setupword.htm
Make the registry changes as mentioned in the PDN link to resolve the issue.
Published August 17, 2016 - Updated August 25, 2016