Wrong query built up for RD when dependent classes checked
SummaryAfter running a report user is getting below error with Pega 7.2.1.
Text Input ** ** An error occured on executing the query for the report definition - There was a problem getting a list: code: 936 SQLState: 42000 Message: ORA-00936: missing expression DatabaseException caused by prior exception: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00936: missing expression | SQL Code: 936 | SQL State: 42000
Steps to Reproduce
- Create Application in "Framework and Implementation" where application accelerator generates upto AA-FW-BBBFW-Work (FW Layer - Concrete class) & AA-Top-BBB-Work(Imp Layer- Concrete class [Division layer=Top]).
- Create Validation class in FW layer as AA-FW-BBBFW-Work-Validation where directed path set to AA-FW-BBBFW-Work.
- Create Validation class in Imp layer as AA-Top-BBB-Work-Validation where directed path set to AA-FW-BBBFW-Work-Validation.
- Create a RD(say MyActivityValidationSearch) in AA-Top-BBB-Work-Validation. Refer .pxCoverInsKey in the report definition and check the checkbox labeled with "Remove Duplicate Rows".
- Refer pxCoverInsKey again in the RD and change summarize field to 'count'.
- Run the RD and check the below error :
** ** An error occured on executing the query for the report definition - There was a problem getting a list: code: 0 SQLState: 42601 Message: ERROR: syntax error at or near "FROM" Position: 361 DatabaseException caused by prior exception: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: syntax error at or near "FROM" Position: 361 | SQL Code: 0 | SQL State: 42601
Root CauseWhen Remove Duplicate Records is checked pyGetDistinctRecords property is set to True.
And it is not set to False when the user changes it to summary report.
ResolutionApply HFix-34011 to resolve the issue.
Published May 15, 2017 - Updated May 25, 2017