Running a background process
You can use the Run in background shape to start a background process, such as asynchronous processing or queuing items. The Run in background shape uses a Queue Processor rule for background processing.
In the navigation panel of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
Hover over a process in a stage, and then click.
From the Type of queue list, choose a type of the queue processor that you want to use. For more information about when to use standard or dedicated queues, see Queue Processor rules:
- Choose Standard, and then provide an activity that the rule executes.
- Choose Dedicated, and then provide the queue processor that you want to use.
To use the dedicated queue processor, you have to create the rule first. For more information, see Creating a Queue Processor rule.
From the Lock using drop-down list, choose a type of lock that you want to use by selecting one of the following options:
- To open a page by using a pzInskey property and lock it, select Primary page.
- To open a page by using a key defined on a property, select Key defined on property.
- To open a page without a lock from the database by using the pzInskey property, select None.
In the Alternate access group field, enter the name of an access group that you want to use to resolve the activity.
Provide an alternate access group if you want to resolve the activity in a different context from the context that was used to queue the item.