DevOps and Automated Testing
Key DevOps enhancements in this release of Pega Platform™ include improvements to Pega unit tests, application quality monitoring, and Deployment Manager. For example, in Deployment Manager 4.4 and later, you can now use the Merge Branches wizard to merge branches and start a continuous integration and delivery pipeline in a distributed, branch-based environment.
Application Quality dashboard
DevOps and Application Testing includes the following enhancements:
- Start a deployment manager deployment in a distributed, branch-based environment by using the Merge Branches wizard (8.3)
- Manage test and application changes separately in Deployment Manager by using a separate product rule for test cases (8.3)
- Improve your experience with creating and cleaning test data for automated tests (8.2)
- Improve your application quality by monitoring test coverage metrics (8.2)
- Monitor application quality in real time by using the REST API to fetch quality metrics (8.2)
- Clean up Pega unit test cases that use inactive or deleted rules (8.2)
- Manage your deployments in a dedicated portal (8.2)
- Improve user access to Deployment Manager (8.2)
- Configure notifications in Deployment Manager (8.2)
- Manage your artifacts by using custom repositories (8.2)
- Get test coverage from multiple testing sessions
- Use trend charts to visualize application quality and view more metrics
- Organize Pega unit tests with nested test suites
- Create UI-based tests with automated scenario testing
- Quickly access Deployment Manager features with an intuitive interface
- Easily configure Deployment Manager pipelines with a simplified setup
- Deploy with confidence by enforcing quality metrics
- Manage aged application updates in Deployment Manager
- Diagnose pipelines and view troubleshooting information
- Run Pega unit tests for a suite or an access group
- Run Pega unit tests on branches in Deployment Manager
To learn about all the new features in DevOps, watch the What's New video below.
Looking for What's New in 8.2 videos? View them in our Pega Community Video Library.
Visit www.pega.com to learn more about Pega Infinity™.
Visit What's New in Pega Platform to discover all the exciting new features in this release.
66% found this useful