How to provide a SmartInfo display from a row of a report definition rule
A SmartInfo details display provides additional information about a row in a Report Definition report. You create a section rule to display the information; the section rule appears in a pop-up window when you click the information icon () at the beginning of the row.
This article explains how to add a SmartInfo details display to a row of a report that is defined by a report definition rule.
This article presents SmartInfo facilities for report definition rules. To use SmartInfo with list view rules, see How to add SmartInfo display for a row of a report and How to enable a SmartInfo details display on report rows.
- Create an activity that uses the Show-Stream method to display the contents of a section rule that contains the SmartInfo details. For instructions about enabling a SmartInfo details display, see How to enable a SmartInfo details display on report rows. The figure shows an example of a section rule.
- Create or edit a report definition rule.
- Open the User Interactions tab.
- In the SmartInfo section
- Enable the Enable Smart info? check box.
- Enter text to appear in the header of the pop-up window.
- In the Content field, specify the activity that renders the HTML text. If the Applies To class of the report is derived from the Assign- base class, you can reference the standard activity Assign-.getWorkItemSmartInfo, as in this example. (For the instructions on the activity, see How to enable a SmartInfo details display on report rows.)
- Click the () Save toolbar button.
- Click the () Run toolbar button. The view displays the report with an "i" () on the left side of each row. Click the () to display or hide the SmartInfo information.