How to use the Lock and Roll feature for managing RuleSet Versions
The RuleSet Stack gadget simplifies following the best practices of RuleSet locking and application versioning. The gadget provides a summary of the locking status of the RuleSet versions in your application, as well as the Lock and Roll button.
Best practices for RuleSet versioning include:
- Only the highest version of a RuleSet should be unlocked.
- All development should occur only in the highest version.
- Once locked, a RuleSet version should not later be unlocked.
In addition, a RuleSet version can not be locked if any rules in that version are checked out.
- Click the Pega Button and select > Application > Structure > RuleSet Stack.
- Observe the icons in the Current Application section, under the Locked column.
- If the column contains a locked () or unlocked () icon, and there are no rules currently checked out, then the RuleSet is ready for you to use the Lock and Roll function.
- If the column contains an unlocked warning () icon, then a version lower than the highest is unlocked. You will be able to use the Lock and Roll function on this lower RuleSet version to lock, but not to roll (increment). Click the unlock warning icon to view a list detailing the currently unlocked versions. Once the lower versions are locked, you can again use the roll portion of the Lock and Roll function on the highest RuleSet version.
- If the column contains a warning icon (), then the RuleSet version does not exist, but is included in your application. Check your application to determine if the version of the RuleSet was incorrectly entered, or if the RuleSet was incorrectly entered. Once this error is corrected, then you can run the Lock and Roll function on this RuleSet version, if needed.
You may need to log out and back in to the application before the new version of any incremented RuleSets become visible.