How to use symbolic dates in report selection criteria
Symbolic dates allow you to choose date values in a list or summary view that are relative to the current date. They can be used on both the rule form and in the report itself. Symbolic dates are only used for values of
Some symbolic dates identify a single day, such as Yesterday or Tomorrow. Others define a range of dates, such as Current Month or Previous Quarter. Here is a list of all available symbolic dates:
|Calendar Year||Calendar Quarter||Calendar Month||Calendar Week||Day|
|Current Year||Current Quarter||Previous Month||Previous Week||Yesterday|
|Previous Year||Current and
|Current Month||Current Week||Today|
|Previous 2 Years||Current and
|Next Month||Next Week||Tomorrow|
|Next Year||Next Quarter||Current and
|Last 7 Days|
|Previous Quarter||Current and Next Month||Last 30 Days|
Previous 2 Years
|Last 60 Days|
|Current and Next Year||Last 90 Days|
|Last 120 Days|
|Next 7 Days|
|Next 30 Days|
|Next 60 Days|
|Next 90 Days|
|Next 120 Days|
To see how you can use symbolic dates in a report, create a list view that displays all work objects created in your application. Then reference a symbolic date to restrict the range of detail in the report based on the date chosen. Repeat the process to see the effect of the different date options.
- Create a list view.
- On the Display Fields tab, under the Show These Fields section, enter the following:
The fields entered under this section populate the columns in the list view.
- On the Content tab, under the Criteria section, enter the following:
.pxCreateDateTime allows you to define the range of the list view using symbolic dates.
- To select a symbolic date to use as the default value for .pxCreateDateTime, click the Search Values icon. The Calendar Web page dialog displays.
- On the Time Periods tab, under Day, select Today and click Apply.
- Click the Save icon to save the list view.
- Click the Run icon. The list view displays. All work objects created today display in the report.
- Click the Customize list criteria link. The Customize Criteria section displays. Change the value of .pxCreateDateTime from Today to Previous Week and click Submit.
- The List view now changes to reflect the the new criteria value. The report now displays all work objects created during the previous week.