Mailgun Connector for Pega Marketing
The Mailgun Connector provides a pre-built integration from Pega Marketing to the Email APIs maintained by Mailgun. Mailgun is an Email Service Provider (ESP) that offers straight-forward Sending, Inbound Routing, Analytics, and Validation – their slogan is “we’re the email service built for developers”. Heavily API-driven, they differentiate through fast and easy implementation, but also offer managed service capabilities. Pega Marketing customers can utilize Mailgun for email campaigns, event-triggered notifications, and standard transactional emails.
To integrate Pega Marketing with the Mailgun component:
- Download the Mailgun Connector from Pega Exchange.
- In the Designer Studio header, click the name of your current application, and click Definition to open the Application rule form.
- On the Definition tab, in the Enabled components section, click Manage components.
- Click Install new, select the file that you downloaded from Pega Exchange, and click Open.
- Select the Enabled check box to enable this component for your application, and click OK.
- In the list of enabled components, verify the Mailgun Connector and its version, and save your changes to the rule form.
- Now that the Mailgun Connector component is installed, a new Email account can be configured on the Outbound tab of the Email landing page. This landing page is accessible in the Pega Marketing portal via: Configuration > Settings > Channels > Email
- On the Email landing page, click Add new
- Select Mailgun from the list of Provider types.
- To configure the account, enter connection information provided by the email service provider.
For more information on configuring Email accounts, see the Pega Marketing User Guide on the Pega Discovery Network (PDN).
To configure detection of bounce-backs:
The Mailgun Connector includes an HTTP Service for tracking bounce-backs. This service captures bounce-back occurrences for individual customers by updating customer data and Interaction History.
The URL pattern for the service is:
To enable bounce-back tracking within Pega Marketing, specify this URL as the webhook URL for bounce events. You can configure this URL as the bounce event webhook URL in the Webhooks tab of the Mailgun control panel. See the Tracking Bounces section of the Mailgun User Manual for more information
To configure tracking of deliveries:
The Mailgun Connector includes an HTTP Service for tracking email deliveries as well. This service captures deliveries for individual customers in Interaction History.
The URL pattern for this service is:
To enable delivered tracking within Pega Marketing, specify this URL as the webhook URL for delivered events. You can configure this URL as the delivered event webhook URL in the Webhooks tab of the Mailgun control panel. See the Tracking Deliveries section of the Mailgun User Manual for more information