Accessing your log files for troubleshooting
Pega Cloud customers can download log files from the My Pega Cloud tab in the My Support Portal for internal analysis or to share with Pega Global Customer Support (GCS). This ability to download logs is an enhancement to the Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud which offers the self-service capability to review alerts and exceptions.
From the My Pega Cloud tab, you can generate a bundle of specified log files created from your environment during the last 30 days. The log bundle is a compressed TAR file you can download to your local computer. If no logs are available that match your filter, the Generate log bundle button is not enabled.
Pegasystems periodically performs standard maintenance on Pega Cloud systems to upgrade your system to the latest system infrastructure. This feature is automatically enabled after your infrastructure is upgraded. For more information, see Pega Cloud Services maintenance windows and types of system updates.
To use My Support Portal:
- Ensure that you allow cookies in your browser settings.
- Contact your Pega Cloud administrator for the cloud-system role access privileges. Administrators can refer to the Support Contact Administrator Guide for additional information.
- Log in to your My Support Portal account.
- Navigate to the My Pega Cloud tab.
- From the My Pega Cloud page, click the Gear icon.
- Select Download logs.
- Enter the following information:
- Modify the range of dates and time in the From and To fields using the embedded calendar function. Pega supports downloading log files created during the last 30 days.
- Optional: In the Time Zone field, specify the time zone applicable to your application. For example, if you want to download logs from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. IST, select the IST timezone.
- Select a Tier Type for which you want to see available log files. You can select one or more available tiers for which you want to download a log bundle; you only see Tier Types for tiers with available log files generated within your selected date and time range.
- Select the File Types for which you want to see available log files. You only see File Types for log files that have been generated within your selected date and time range.
- Optional: Enter the reason for which you are downloading these log files. Pega uses this information to guide future improvements to this log download functionality.
- Click Generate log bundle. It can take up to one minute to complete. You will receive a notification to Download the log bundle.
- Click Download the log bundle to download the file according to your browser preferences.
To return to the overview article page, click Self-managing your Pega Cloud environments from My Support Portal.For information on streaming Pega Cloud Services log events using Splunk, see Pega Cloud log streaming service.