Pega Cloud Services SFTP Service
The Pega Cloud® Services SFTP Service provides Pega Cloud Services clients with simple, secure file transfers to and from their Pega Cloud applications. The service securely exchanges files between your enterprise and your Pega applications that Pega Cloud Services runs, and uses the Pega Cloud File Storage repository for reliable and resilient storage.
The Pega Cloud Services SFTP Service provides the following features:
- A secure service for file uploads and downloads to or from you Pega Cloud File Storage.
- Static IP addresses that do not change for the life of the service, eliminating the need for you to whitelist a broad range of IP addresses for the service.
- A separate SFTP server with a unique URL, user credential, and folder for each environment.
- Direct mapping of the Pega Cloud Services SFTP Service to the Pega Cloud Services File Storage repository providing reliable, scalable file storage capacity. For more information, see Pega Cloud Services File Storage.
- Bulk data processing through file listeners in your Pega Cloud environment applications or by integrating with Pega Business Intelligence Exchange™ data extracts. The repository securely stores data until removal.
Client responsibilities include the following actions:
- Installing an SFTP or SSH client of your choice to connect to the Pega SFTP Service.
- Generating the public/private key pair using an SSH client of your choice.
- Whitelisting a range of static IP addresses through your enterprise firewall.
- Raising a service request containing the public key and whitelisted IPs to authenticate and connect to Pega's SFTP service.
Pegasystems Inc. responsibilities
Pegasystems Inc. responsibilities include the following actions:
- Integrating the SFTP service with your environment.
- Connecting the SFTP service using the whitelisted static IP addresses.
- Authenticating the SFTP service using the public key.
- Providing client with the SFTP hostname, username, and URL.
- Encrypting data in transit using SSH and data at rest using an environment-specific key.
To connect to the Pega Cloud Services SFTP Service:
After whitelisting IP addresses and generating a public/private key pair, complete the following actions:
- Log in to your My Support Portal account.
- In the Support Request tab, click Create to file a Cloud service request.
- Send the public key and whitelisted IP addresses in the body of the service request form.
The Pega Global Client Support team receives your service request then deploys the SFTP service.
- Global Client Support sends a file containing the SFTP hostname, SFTP username, and folder URL used to access the SFTP service.
Hostname and URL are sent in the following format:
<SFTP hostname>:<client name/designation>.<project>.<type of environment[dev-test, staging, production]>.sftp.pegacloud.net
- Configure your SFTP client or SSH shell using the hostname, SFTP username, and folder URL to interact with the Pega Cloud Services SFTP service.
Securely transfer data between your enterprise and your Pega applications running in Pega Cloud Services
The Pega Cloud Services SFTP Service security model supports only single-user access authentication using a private/public key pair. During customer onboarding, Pega uses a customer-supplied public key to configure authentication to the service. All SFTP services in the subscription require an environment-specific key for Pega Cloud connectivity.
Data management considerations
Keep in mind the following file storage and data management guidelines:
- File storage utilization: The Pega Cloud Services SFTP Service uses available Pega Cloud Services File Storage space according to the allocation that is specified in your Pega Cloud Services subscription.
- Data cleanup: You are responsible for managing your data files according to your enterprise best business practices by using the SFTP client of your choice.
To manage your files in the Pega Cloud File Storage repository, use the Repository API to interact with your files or configure a file listener to process your files. For details, see Pega Cloud Services File Storage.