Configuring custom alerts in your application in Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud
Pega Platform™ generates alerts that Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud™ (PDC) uses to identify problems in your application. In addition to standard alerts, you can configure custom alerts that your application sends to PDC. Use custom alerts to gather information about problems that are specific to your application. For example, if an activity that sends an encrypted file every day fails to send the file, your application can send a custom alert to PDC.
If your application sends a custom alert and PDC creates a case for that alert, the case is displayed in the Custom Cases category. If you subscribe to the Custom Alerts event notifications, you receive a message for each custom alert. For more information, see Managing notifications in Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud.
Configure a custom alert by performing the following tasks:
- Importing the PDCClient ruleset to your application
- Defining a custom alert in your application
- Configuring notifications about your custom alert.
To define custom alerts and send them to PDC, import the PDCClient ruleset to your application.
- Download the .zip file with the PDCClient ruleset from the PDC Custom Alert Client page on Pega Marketplace.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click Configure > Application > Distribution > Import.
- Use the Import wizard to import the .zip file. For more information, see Import wizard landing page.
- Add the new ruleset to your application:
- Click Application Name > Switch Application, and then select the application in which you want to define and send custom alerts.
- Click Application Name > Definition to open the Application rule form.
- In the Application rulesets section, click Add ruleset.
- In the new field, enter PDCClient:01-01.
You can send alerts from your application to PDC. To send a custom alert to PDC, configure the parameters that you want to pass to the SendApplicationAlert activity.
- In the Dev Studio header search text field, search for and select the activity from which you want to call the SendApplicationAlert activity, for example, MyAlert.
- In the Method field, enter
- Click the Expand icon.
- In the Method Parameters section, enter values for the following fields:
- In the alertApplication field, enter the name of the application that you want to include in your alert.
- In the alertCode field, enter a unique code for your alert, for example, JOHN0001. PDC uses the code to create a unique alert ID with the prefix CA- that uniquely identifies your custom alert, for example, CA-JOHN0001.
- If you want PDC to treat your alert as urgent, select the isUrgent check box.
You can find all urgent events for a system on the Urgent Events tab of the Enterprise landing page.
- In the caseCorrelationValue field, enter the value by which you want PDC to correlate your custom alert with the corresponding case. If you leave the default value, PDC correlates the alert based on the system name and the code that you defined in step b.
- In the message field, enter the description that you want PDC to display in the case overview and in the event summary of your custom alert.
- Click .
For more information, see Activity form - Completing the Steps tab - Entering Method parameters.
PDC can send a notification about each occurrence of your custom alert to specified recipients. If you have defined multiple custom alerts, you can subscribe to a separate notification for each of these alerts.
For more information about configuring notifications, see Managing notifications in Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud.